The Tools of the Trade
Do you want your audience to enjoy what they see on your social media page, share it with friends, and watch each time there’s something new? Of course you do! That’s why it’s time to up your content game and use video to become a marketing star.
Why video is important
The business case is rock-solid:
- Social media videos generate up to 1,200% more shares than texts and images combined
- 54% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand or business they support
- Videos are a consumers’ favorite type of content to see from a brand on social media
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video
- Viewers are 95% more likely to remember a call to action after watching a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text format
You don’t have to be a pro, just don’t look like an amateur
You can be an amateur at making videos, as long as you don’t look and sound like one. You don’t need expensive equipment, you just want to avoid rookie mistakes that diminish the quality of your production.
The starter tools you need are:
- Your cell phone. As long as you can shoot, save, and upload content from the phone to your social media page, you’re all set.
- A selfie stick or a gimbal and/or a tripod. You’ll need to keep your phone steady, stable, and straight as you film. Several versions of these products offer two or all three of these items in one tool.
- A selfie ring light. Lighting is important to the quality of your videos. Use it to light up your face. It truly flatters you and makes the video more inviting to watch.
- A lavalier microphone. Your phone’s audio quality sounds like you’re in the back of an auditorium trying to hear a presenter without a microphone. Phone lavaliers are affordable and upgrade the quality of your video.
Tell us, and we can help
We understand if you might be reluctant to work with a marketing team. We are here to tell you that when partnerships work, they work well. We have outstanding relationships with our clients who see us as a partner in their success.
The items linked above are suggestions from the Ideal Solutions team. Ideal Solutions is not affiliated with any of the products nor do we receive a commission for recommending them.