What if you could become well-known for the work you do? It’s challenging to build a group of loyal clients, and even more so to transform them into cheerleaders for your product or service.
However, there is one way to exponentially increase your audience — by creating, publishing, and promoting original articles.
Consider a single, well-written article in a conversational tone on a thought-provoking subject for your industry. Now, take what you have and adapt it across multiple marketing channels. What do you get? Maximum benefits! Among them: boosted SEO, a raised profile, a broader demographic reach, and reinforcement of your brand.
Follow these five steps to get started:
Writing original content establishes you as a thought-leader in your field.
- Create an original article that provides helpful information. It should be engaging and entertaining to read.
- Keep your paragraphs short. Use bullets and numbered lists when appropriate.
- Do not plagiarize or paraphrase from the work of others. Originality is important.
- Provide advice that stands the test of time. Content that has a longer shelf life is useful for the longer term.
- Have someone proof it for you.
Regular emails keep you and your business top-of-mind.
- Create an engaging subject line, enticing individuals to open your email.
- Include a short bio at the end of the email.
- Be sure your contact information is clear.
- Send your email to prospects, clients, employees, colleagues, team members, and vendors.
- Use an email platform that allows you to track your success. You will want to know how many recipients opened, clicked on links, or forwarded your content.
- Include a link where readers can share the article, and ask them to do so!
Uploading your article to the internet allows it to be found by search engines. Consistently adding new content to your website improves your search engine optimization (SEO).
- Upload the article to your website as a blog. Include links in your article that point to other areas of your website and blogs.
- “Tag” your article with relevant search terms to optimize it for search engines.
- Make it available on your website to download in a pdf format in exchange for the reader’s email address. Add the email addresses to your prospect list.
- Add the content to your LinkedIn profile as an “Article.”
Further increase SEO and the overall reach of your article by sharing it on social media.
- Promote your article on your social media channels (business and personal pages).
- Direct readers to your website within the post.
- Ask your employees and team members to share the post on their social media profiles.
Fully maximize the content by allowing other entities to publish your article.
- Offer the article with your byline to other organizations and publications.
- Reach out to chambers, community newspapers, print, and online publications.
Unsure About Getting Started?
Sometimes the first steps are the most difficult. You have the subject matter expertise but have a hard time putting it into conversational articles. You are sure you have appealing content but are not as sure about how to reach a wide audience. Or maybe you have a lot of interest in publishing, just not the time. Ideal Solutions can help! Our experts can get more eyes on your article, or even create the content for you. Contact us to find out how this strategy will work for you and your business.